Posts

Sunday 22 January 2017

Bats

Simon says stamp blog Wednesday challenge is a little different this week, it's
'Anything but a card'
 
Halloween isn't very big here in South Africa but once I had spotted this cute photo I was really keen to try out these bats
 
 
 
At the end of every school year I make a little gift for my class and so at the end of last year I decided to forgo the usual bag of sport themed moulded chocolates that I usually make and give these a try. It has been my experience that most boys love all things gross, scary and/or slimy so I reckoned that I couldn't go wrong. I had a lot of fun making them and was really happy with how they turned out.
 
 
 
On the whole they were a great success with the boys, mainly I think because they couldn't believe that they had just been given a 'whole chocolate' all for themselves. There was the one little soul, however, who didn't undo the string, just slipped the choc out of the jacket, so didn't realize that there where actual wings involved. He thanked me for making him a 'cat'! I can see where that came from too!
 
Supplies:
Card stock: 160gsm in black
Wobbly eyes
Template: Hand cut
Sentiment: Computer generated
25 jan

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, how creative is this! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything But a Card” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just sooooo cute, Glenda!!!! What a cute little gift for the little ones!!!! And I can definitely see the cat!!!!
    Have a great week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete