Posts

Wednesday 11 May 2016

An autumn coloured wreath

Some perfect autumn colours over at CAS colours and sketches
 
 
Here is my card
 

 A while ago I made this card and said at the time that I had made three to the same sketch. Here is the second of them.
I added the gems to hide some dirty smudges.
The thread was all the ends of skeins that were of similar tones, I just chose the darkest colour and stitched until it was finished and then moved down the colour spectrum slowly getting lighter and this is the end result. Lots of fun.
 
 
Supplies:
Card stock: 160gsm in white
Paper: Scrap booking paper in green
Liquid pearls in gold
Flat backed gems in champagne 
(11 may)

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty stitching - love the variation in colors. Thanks for sharing your work with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all that beautiful stitching! Thanks for joining in at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the sweet little flowers, Glenda!!! So beautifully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and I love this stitching technique, something I MUST try! Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous stitching and I love the way the colours merge from one to another. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stiched card is very pretty.Thanks for joining in with our colour challenge at CC&S
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitched cards are so pretty and I love the design of this one. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this last week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete