Posts

Thursday 14 April 2016

Red and Teal

 I love this colour combination.

Here is my card


This card started out quiet differently. Initially I left the topper as a full rectangle which, as I had run out of double sided tape, I adhered to the base with some silicone glue. I used this medium often a long time ago when I was making decoupage cards and it always worked well so I had no reason for concern. This time however the glue left greasy stains on the corners of the topper so I had to lift it and trim them off. I was left with this odd shape so I added some silver paper for definition and used an embossing folder to fill up the other side of the space and ended up with this. Not my best but my lesson was learnt!

My inspiration

Source: Amusing Michele

 
I will also be entering this over at Inspired by al the little things were the challenge photo has very similar colours


 
Supplies:
Card stock: 180gsm in white
Thread: Blue: DMC 38190
             Red: Bargain bin find, no brand or colour code
Cuttlebug
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug Organic Flourish
Clear flat backed gems
Paper: Silver
 
(15 April)
 

5 comments:

  1. Your card turned out beautifully in the end, Glenda!!! Love the dry embossing and your beautiful embroidered design!!! All the bling and silver add just the right amount of shine!!!
    Have a great Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting!! Thanks for playing with us at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh! This is amazing.. you took my breath away with your beautiful stitching. A masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you used stitching on your card! So fun! Thanks for joining us at Inspired by All the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete