Posts

Monday 6 October 2014

Painting Furniture

I am in the middle of painting some of the wooden furniture from our bedroom. There is nothing structurally wrong with it I just feel like I need a change and it's cheaper (not by much I have since discovered!!!) to paint than to replace so I have taken the plunge and started. I am doing a chest of drawers and if we like the result then I will do a few others.
At the moment I am waiting for the primer to dry so thought I'd sneak in a blog update. 

Today's card is for a 28th wedding anniversary


I CASed this card by Debby Hughes.
 First I stamped the kraft card stock in chestnut ink with the Amazing Grace stamp from Micia Crafts.
Then I cut out the circles. I attached the largest to the cream card stock and then machine stitched the grey line twice. Next I adhered the large checked circle and then the smaller craft one. My heart was hand cut and the buttons where two odds I had in my stash. I there secured the topper to a piece of black paper and then onto the folded A5 card which is also cream.
The envelope is store bought and given a bit of oomph by added detail on the flap.

Supplies:
Sizzies 8 circle dies
Stamp: Amazing Grace by Micia Crafts
Grey thread for machine stitching.
Black checked paper: Paper Pizazz Dots checks plaids and stripes booklet
Red Paper: scrap booking. Make unknown
Ink: Colorbox in chestnut

No comments:

Post a Comment