Posts

Monday 20 October 2014

A floating flower

We have finally had some rain which has done more than just make a mess of my car's windscreen! It's amazing how quickly the grass has turned from brown to green. So to celebrate the rain I thought I'd share a flower card with you.

I had a lot of fun making this card and loved seeing the birthday girl's face when she saw the flower 'floating' on her card.


To achieve this illusion I used my smallest die to cut 2 card stock circles pricking the flower onto one of them and stitched it. Then I used the next size up circle to cut the outside, slightly overlapping circle twice. Once on the folded card and once on a topper. It is more accurate if you place one on top of the other and cut them at the same time. Next I used some thin clear plastic and stuck it in between the card and the topper and trimmed the edge. I then stuck the stitched circle on top of the plastic and secured the second smallest circle onto the back of the stitched one to hide the stitches. It all sounds very complicated but really it is actually quite simple.
The sentiment is computer generated and I printed this before die cutting any of the circles. Satin ribbon in cerise and some faux stitching in black finished the layout. I was very happy with how this card turned out.
I can't claim all the credit for this layout, I got my inspiration from Bellarose cards
Supplies:
Pattern: Easy embroidery on paper by Joke de Vette
Thread: yellow and cerise
pink flat backed gem
Cerise satin ribbon
black felt tipped pen
Plastic. Recycled fruit punnett
Die Cuts: Sizzix 8 circle

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for telling us how you did this amazing card! I will have to bookmark this! :)

    ReplyDelete