Posts

Thursday 18 September 2014

Venetian Steps

I think every home should have a beautiful entrance. I love looking at how people personalize the access to their homes. Some really make a lot of effort and usually the interior continues that pride.

Today's cards have a door and steps as their theme.
For the first one I have combined embroidery and silk ribbon embroidery. Although the ribbon flowers took a really long time to make I was very happy with the end result.



For this one I wanted a Mediterranean feel so besides using traditional colours associated with this area I added punched flowers to the pots. It was a lot quicker but I actually prefer the one above.


Supplies:
Pattern: Form-A-Lines , Venetian flower tub and steps
Olfa pliers punch, small and big flower attachments
Stickles in Gold
Thread: Second card: red, light grey and navy
             First card: Kreinik Metallics Blending Filament 095
Pattern for ribbon flower: Lilac garland in 'Silk Ribbon Greeting Cards' by Ann Cox
Silk Ribbon: scraps of 4mm in shades of mauve
Double strand of yellow embroidery thread for the centre of ribbon flower.


No comments:

Post a Comment