Posts

Friday 27 June 2014

Amazing Grace Butterflies

I love to look at the blogs and forums of other card makers. I find it extremely inspirational and that is one of the reasons I started a blog of my own. I would like to, if possible, return the favour.

Today's card is a perfect example of being inspired by another crafter's work. When I saw this challenge Splitcoast Stampers Queen for the day I knew I needed to take part as I have already CASed one of the Queen's cards here.

This is my version


I made a template using a circle die for my Cuttlebug and then stamped the writing onto the card stock. Next I pricked the butterfly pattern and stitched it using a single strand of thread. I prefer the look that a single strand gives, not too chunky. To finish I rounded the corners with a punch, adhered it to the rest of the card with some foam dots for added height, stuck on three flat backed gems and the card was complete.

Supplies:
Pattern: Stitching Cards:  Free Butterfly Pattern
Stamp: Amazing Grace by Cricraft
Ink: Chiswick Ink Padzz in black
Thread: Some scraps of DMC Embroidery thread
Flat Backed Gems: Say it with Crystals multipack
CuttleBug and Sizzix 8 die cut Circles

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is stunning! I love the texture of the stitching!

    ReplyDelete