Posts

Thursday 28 August 2014

Embossed Butterflies

Those of you who have been following my blog for a while will no doubt have noticed that I often use the free butterfly pattern from Stitching Cards.
It was the first pattern that I ever stitched and it has remained one of my favourites.

 


For these cards I reduced the butterfly pattern to 70%.
The embossing was done by hand. I pricked and stitched the butterfly first. To do the embossing I secured the stencil to a window with sticky tape, placed the stitched panel face down over the stencil and holding it firmly in place embossed the butterflies using a medium embossing tool. I moved the topper around filling in the spaces with butterflies until I was happy with the end result.

This white on white one was used for a wedding and the pink one for a birthday.


A peel off sentiment and punched butterflies finished this layout.

Supplies:
Pattern: Stitching Cards butterfly pattern
Punch: Butterfly
Pink dotty satin ribbon and white satin ribbon
Embossing Folder: Martha Steward
Gold peel off sentiment
Pearl and clear glass beads
Flat backed gems in champagne and clear 

No comments:

Post a Comment