Posts

Thursday 24 July 2014

Baby's jersey

Today I want to share some cards with you that are a lot of fun to make. Miniature baby jerseys.
When I was a teenager I can remember making these little jerseys and stitching them onto safety pins to wear as broaches. I think I had one in every imaginable colour.
Here I show you how to make them and use them on a card.


I always have scraps of wool left over from other projects and this is a perfect way to use them up.
For these I used 4 ply wool and knitted on size 12 needles. I cast on 15 stitches and knitted 3 rows in rib. Then 10 rows in stocking stitch before adding 5 sts at the end of the 11th row and then add another 5 stitches at the end of the 12th row. Knit one more full row before knitting half of the next row and then transferring to toothpicks. By doing this you allow the ball of wool to be attached to the middle of the last row.

To assemble I glue a bead to the end of each toothpick, roll up the remaining wool and then secure the knitting and ball of wool to the card stock with craft glue. Place something heavy on the jersey for a couple of minutes to ensure that it dries flat against the card stock.
To complete I did a row of faux stitching around the edge of the coloured paper and the card stock.

I hope you will have as much fun making these as I did...

Supplies:
Scrapes of 4 ply wool
2 x wooden toothpicks
2 x small beads
gold Sequins
Pink flat Backed gems
Green round domed stickers
Scrapes of paper: Sorry I can't remember where I got them
Black felt pen




1 comment: