Posts

Friday 15 November 2019

A metallic tree


'You have us in stitched'
Use stitching on a holiday card

As most of my cards are 'stitched' this was a challenge perfect for me.


When I first became aware of my preferred method of card making, that is Embroidery on card, I was introduced to it by a colleague. She actually brought a card to school to show someone else and I happened to admire it. The pattern she had stitched was this lovely tree and ever since then I have wanted to stitch it. That was 12 years ago and I have finally got around to it. I did it in a variety of colour combinations and tried out a number of layouts before I was happy. This is just the first of them. I'll show you the rest in time.

Supplies:
Card stock: 160gsm in mirror green
Beads: Small circular silver and green
            Gold Bugle beads
Thread: Gold: DMC E436
              Silver: DMC E168
30/17 nov

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful embroidered tree...love the beads at the end of each branch and such a pretty tree top. Thanks for sharing your stitchery with us at Double Trouble...beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this - your stitched treee is stunning and so effective. This is also perfect for our challenge this month at TRCC - thanks so much for joining in - Jacqueline DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathless! What a beautifully unique design and your stitching is lovely. Thank you for playing along at the Double Trouble Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is spectacular! It is mesmerizing just to look at the 'waves' of branches. I am so glad that you joined us this month at the Rainbow Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant and beautiful card. Great to see you in our gallery and hope you will join us again soon! Please do visit my blog Paint Paper Scissors for more inspiration.
    Nandini – Design Team member, Rainbow Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful. What a gift to be able to make something like that. If the people who receive them are anything like I am, they'll keep them to bring them out again and again, so your hard work will be celebrated for a long time to come. That's someone's treasure for this year.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! Custom Patch Maker

    ReplyDelete