Posts

Sunday 20 February 2022

Pink flowers

It's been a while since I have posted anything. My mojo is definately MIA at the moment. I think trying to be the best teacher that I can be under the trying pandemic circumstances has taken a huge toll. Here in South African we are finally seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel, as schools are slowly moving back to what we knew pre-Covid. I cannot tell you how pleased I am about that. 

Anyway enough doom and gloom and onto the challenge at hand

Double D challenges have these beautiful pinks to motivate us


and here is my card


I stitched the panel during our hard lock down in 2020 but finally got around to assembling the card.
Initially I added three dots made with liquid pearls to the bottom right hand corner but they didn't work properly so I wiped them off. Of course this left a mark so I covered it up with a second strip of paper.

I will also be entering this at CAS on Sunday where it is
Spring flowers

My inspiration

Source: Unknown

Supplies:
Card stock: 160gsm in white
Paper: Wrapper from a discontinued line of soaps
Double sided tape
Small pink buttons from my stash
27 feb/3 March

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully stitched card!! Looks like your mojo has returned!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful creation! I commend all the teachers in the world for what they've had to go through the past 2 years just trying to keep our kids on track with learning. I can only imagine how difficult it was for both teacher & students! I'm glad you were inspired by our mood board to give your mojo a jump start! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Shades of Pink’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! The cross stitch square is so pretty. Thanks for joining the Double D, February "Pink" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! and so unexpected. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete