Posts

Saturday 11 July 2020

A tangerine flower



I went with flowers and texture and made this card


The flower is a button with the shank cut off. The butterfly is one from my stash of left overs. The stem is made by knotting some embroidery thread. To finish I added faux stitching and some rick rack braid. 

A couple of years ago a friend bought me a little gift from a flea market. It was a piece of cardboard with a variety of odd buttons packed onto it. It was one of the most thoughtful gifts that I have received and years later I am still finding uses for them.


I will also be entering this at Rainbow card challenge where it is

Supplies:
Card stock: 160gsm in white
Pentel fine liner in black
Flower Button
Liquid Pearls in platinum
Rick rack braid in green
Embroidery thread in green
Butterfly from my left over stash
15/31 July

8 comments:

  1. Super cute Cat! Your string stem is so clever! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the unique way you've created this card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love how you've created the flower. Thanks for joining us at TRCC this month, and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Em, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us for our tangerine challenge at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love that flower button! What a wonderful friend! I love how you used embroidery thread and ric rac and the stitched border around the edge! Thank you so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting card! I love all the texture and dimension on your card. Thanks for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are wonderful! Thank you for participating in this month's challenge!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen Driggs, TRCC Design Team
    www.creativetimewithme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet and pretty card. The orange blooms looks so beautiful! Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope you will join us again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete