Posts

Sunday 21 April 2019

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to all these that celebrate.
 
I thought I'd share something a little different today. The Easter wreath that I made for my front door this year.

 
I love a wreath on a front door and so have wanted to make one for a while now, ever since I was given a couple of embroidery hoops which sadly a colleague's sister-in-law was no longer able to use due to illness. I just somehow never got around to it. That is until I went shopping for colouring for some icing ( I am planning on making some Easter biscuits this year for my class.) The shop had artificial flowers and a selection of fake eggs and so there was no longer any excuse not to give it a go. I looked at a couple of YouTube videos and then it was A for away. I'm very happy with the result.


The polystyrene eggs came covered in small white beads with a silky cord wrapped around them so it was just a case of cutting the ivy leaves and flowers into smaller more manageable pieces and with the help of a glue gun it came together pretty quickly.
 
Supplies:
Glue gun
Embroidery hoop
Polystyrene eggs
Artificial ivy leaves
Artificial baby's breath
 


No comments:

Post a Comment